Simple facts to help you through your day.
1. A human brain has a capacity to store 5 times as much information as Wikipedia.
2. Laziness and inactivity kills just as many people as smoking.
3. Paranormal experts said that if you saw someone unfamiliar in your dream it is actually the ghost watching you while you are sleeping.
4. It is believed that when you die in a dream, you wake up because your brain cannot process the idea of death and what comes after.
5. Zebras can't sleep alone.
6. Subconsciously, it takes at least 6 to 8 months for the brain to process complete forgiveness for someone who hurt you emotionally.
7. When a person cries and the first drop comes from the right eye, it's happiness. A drop from the left eye is pain. And, both indicate frustration.
8. Every day, the heart creates enough energy to drive a truck 20 miles. In a lifetime, that is equivalent to driving to the moon and back. So, when you tell someone you love them to the moon and back, you're essentially saying you will love them with all the blood your heart pumps your whole life.
9. Swans only have one partner for their whole life. Once their partner dies, they pass away from a broken heart.
10. Dogs perceive humans differently from themselves, but cats do not. Cats treat humans like they would treat another cat.
11. French fries were actually created in Belgium not France. They are called French Fries because of how they are prepared, julienned.
12. Psychology says when your mood randomly goes from happy to sad, it's often an indication that you’re missing someone.
13. Stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve razor blades.
14. Talking to your mother has the same effect as a hug and can help reduce stress levels. The sound of her voice releases oxytocin and is a great stress relief.
15. Your nose is connected to the memory side of the brain. That's why smells can trigger powerful memories.
16. Dogs’ nose prints are as unique as human fingerprints and can be used to identify them.
17. Smiling is the ultimate antidepressant.
18. A person usually makes a lot of hand gestures when telling a true story. On the contrary, when telling a lie, a person's hands will stay noticeably still.
19. A mantis shrimp can swing its claw so fast it boils the water around it and creates a flash of light.
20. The critically endangered Kakapo bird has a strong, pleasant, musty odor which allows predators to easily locate it. Hence, it is critically endangered.
21. To know when to mate, a male giraffe will continuously headbutt the female in the bladder until she urinates. The male then tastes the pee and that helps it determine whether the female is ovulating.
22. If someone can't cry, he/she is emotionally numb.
23. Your shoes are the first thing people subconsciously notice about you. Wear nice shoes.
24. Honey does not spoil. You could feasibly eat 3000 year old honey.
25. If you somehow found a way to extract all of the gold from the bubbling core of our lovely little planet, you would be able to cover all of the land in a layer of gold up to your knees.
26. It can take a photon 40,000 years to travel from the core of the sun to the surface, but only 8 minutes to travel the rest of the way to earth.
27. Dead people can get goose bumps.
28. Psychology claims that If two past lovers can remain just friends, its either they are still in love, or never were.
29. There are more possible iterations of a game of chess than there are atoms in the known universe, 318,979,564,000.
30. It would take 1,200,000 mosquitoes, each sucking once, to completely drain the average human of blood.
31. Cleopatra lived closer in time to the Moon landing than to the construction of the Great Pyramid of Giza.
32. In 1903 the Wright Brothers flew for the first time. 66 years later, man landed on the Moon in 1969.
33. The woolly mammoth was still around when the pyramids were being built.
34. When we breathe through our nose, we always inhale more air from one nostril than with the other one, and this changes every 15 minutes.
35. A small percentage of the static you see on dead tv stations is left over radiation from the Big Bang. You're seeing residual effects of the Universe's creation.
36. Sometimes the people who don't talk to you are the ones that really want to.
37. During the 18th century, you could pay your admission to the zoo in London by bringing a cat or a dog to feed the lions.
38. In Pennsylvania, a man needs the permission of his wife to buy alcohol.
39. People with Blue Eyes Have the Highest Alcohol Tolerance.
40. Saffron Is the Most Expensive Spice in the World.
41. In South Korea, sick trees get IV drips for nutrients and pesticides.
42. The World's longest and deepest rail tunnel is Gotthard tunnel, it's 35 miles long and took 17 years to build.
43. Without a brain, a heart, or blood, jellyfish have survived on Earth for over 650 million years.
44. Psychologically, we tend to ignore those who adore us and pay more attention to those who ignore us.
45. A group of rhinos is called a crash.
46. The Spanish national anthem has no words.
47. A group of ferrets is called a business.
48. The state sport of Maryland is jousting.
49. A group of owls is called a parliament.
51. If you were to remove all of the empty space from the atoms that make up every human on earth, the entire world population could fit into an apple.
50. An octopus has three hearts.
51. Koalas sleep up to 22 hours a day.
52. Written language was invented independently by the Egyptians, Sumerians, Chinese, and Mayans.
53. Zebra stripes act as a natural bug repellent.
54. Water bears, or Tardigrades, are typically 0.5 mm in length and can survive virtually anything. Even the vacuum of space.
55. A grizzly bear's bite is strong enough to crush a bowling ball.
56. Basically anything that melts can be made into glass. You just have to cool off a molten material before its molecules have time to realign into what they were before being melted.
57. Scorpions were around long before the first inosaurs, they glow In UV light, can go a year without food, their venom can include dozens of different toxins and can kill, or save lives.
58. In England, if you reach your 100th birthday or 60th anniversary, the Queen herself will send you a card of congratulations.
59. A flock of ravens is called an unkindness.
60. In 18th century England, suicide was illegal. The punishment for attempted suicide was death.
61. The Statue of Liberty used to be a lighthouse.
62. Apples are more effective at waking you up than coffee.
63. Before toilet paper was invented, Americans used to use corn cobs.
64. In Tulsa, Oklahoma, there is an anomaly known as the Center of the Universe: If you stand in the center and talk, you will hear your own voice echoing loudly back at you, but nobody outside of the circle will hear you… and nobody knows why.
65. Dunce caps used to be signs of intelligence.
66. Water bears are small multicellular organisms that can survive in almost any environment. They can survive through extreme radiation, severe weather, and "go to sleep" for 10 years when dry.
67. The Hudson Bay Area has less gravity than the rest of the Earth.
68. The wolverine frog is a frog so aggressive it will break its own bones and attack people with the pieces that stick out of its skin like claws.
69. There are around 60,000 miles of blood vessels in the human body. If you took them all out and laid them end to end, they'd stretch around the world more than twice.
70. The Dutch village of Giethoorn has no roads, its buildings are connected entirely by canals and footbridges.
71. Coffee drinkers are less likely to commit suicide than non coffee drinkers.
72. The Romans used to clean and whiten their teeth with urine. Apparently it works.
73. In Asia, feeding Viagra to pandas is part of the routine for panda vets.
74. Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the fear of long words.
75. 15 minutes of laughter has the benefit of 2 hours of sleep.
76. The bushes and clouds in Super Mario Bros are the same shape, they are just colored differently.
77. If the volume on a TV is set to an uneven number, as much as 99% of all people are bothered by it.
78. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
79. Out of 3000 people who have jumped off of the Golden Gate Bridge, only 13 survived. All 13 said they regretted their decision the instant they jumped.
80. Most dust particles, 70%, in your house are made from dead skin.
81. In 2006 someone tried to sell New Zealand on eBay. The price got up to $3,000 before eBay shut it down.
82. A cat can be its own twin when 2 fertilized eggs fuse together.
83. There is a kind of fruit in Indonesia called shampoos. After eating, the sweat and fart are fragrant, with violet fragrance.
84. NASA is developing 3D printed pizza for astronauts.
85. If you hang up the banana, it will think that it is still growing on the tree and not so easy to rot.
86. Astronauts grow taller in space.
87. If someone stares at you impolitely, keep looking at his shoes. This will make the person feel very uneasy and even mad.
88. Each liter of seawater contains about 13 billionths of a gram of gold.
89. A fully ripe cranberry can be dribbled like a basketball.
90. The center of the Earth, its core, is molten. This core is 7,500°c, hotter than the surface of the Sun.
91. There is only one ATM in Antarctica.
92. The poles are moving, Earth's magnetic north pole is moving northward at a rate of 10 miles per year. Eventually the poles will switch.
93. Our mind can sense someone is staring at you even while you asleep.
94. If a cockroach touches a human, it runs off and hides to clean itself.
95. The only sense that doesn't fully rest when we are sleeping is our hearing.
96. When you sneeze, your heart stops for a fraction of a second.
97. There's a species of ant that only lives in a 14 block section of New York City and nowhere else on Earth.
98. Newman’s Own foods donates 100% of all profits to charity causes.
99. 90% of all people admit to typing things into Google to see if they spelled them correctly.
100.The leaning Tower of Pisa isn't just leaning, it's sinking, too.
101.The New York Times has announced the return of the monocle several times.
102.Charlie Chaplin once lost a Charlie Chaplin look-alike competition.
103.When there's a double rainbow, the second rainbow mirrors the primary one.
104.There is a form of skydiving known as banzai skydiving, in which you jump after the parachute.
105.Crater Lake in Oregon is the deepest lake in the country, at a depth of 1,932'.
106.Da Vinci’s fresco The Last Supper originally showed Jesus feet, but they were cut off to make a doorway.
107.Chocolate chip cookies were made by accident when the chocolate chips in a chocolate cookie recipe didn’t melt correctly.
108.Children of identical twins are genetically siblings, not cousins.
109.The Amazon River is the second longest in the world in length and the largest in flow in the world, but there is no bridge across the entire river.
110.Cruise ships have their own morgues.
111.The distance from the United States to Russia is less than 4 miles.
112.You can tell the temperature by counting a cricket's chirps. To get a rough estimate of the temperature in degrees fahrenheit, count the number of chirps in 15 seconds and then add 37.
113.The clouds in the sky look light and fluttering, but a typical cumulus cloud weighs close to 50 tons. Approximately equal to 100 elephants.
114.The final state to join the U.S. was Hawaii, which joined in 1959. It is the only state made entirely of islands.
115.Caesar salad was invented in Mexico by an Italian American man.
116.Too much stress literally causes the brain to freeze and shut down temporarily.
117.Roosters do not have a penis.
118.Ants won’t get injured from falling, no matter how high they fall, they won’t get injured.
119.Squirrels cause most power outages in the U.S.
120.In 2007, Iran arrested 14 squirrels on suspicion of espionage. The Iranian government said: These squirrels are strapped to the spy equipment of Western intelligence agencies.
121.Ancient Greeks and Romans didn't have a number for zero.
122.Most of the oxygen, 70%, on the earth does not come from trees, but is dominated by algae in the ocean.
123.The longest one syllable words in the English language all start with the letter s.
124.No matter which part of the turtle's shell you touch, the turtle will feel it, let alone hit the shell.
125.You have a 1 in 1,461 chance of being born on leap day.
126.We are born with only two innate fears, fear of falling and fear of loud noises.
127.If you always want to pinch cute animals, this may be a disease. The cuter little animals we face, the more intense our brain’s emotional response. In order to prevent our emotions from becoming too agitated, our brains will involuntarily produce some opposite emotions to maintain balance, so we always want to do something destructive Behaviors, such as kneading or pinching.
128.The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley’s gum.
129.Newspaper is better and reliable source of information than Web media.
130.You must not know that human nails are also a kind of Chinese herbal medicine.
131. Men are more shy in expressing their feelings than women.
132.Diamonds can be cultivated. Add methane gas to the diamond seeds, and the diamond seeds will grow at a rate of 0.007 millimeters per hour, and 1 carat diamonds can be grown in a week.
133.We’re all a betrayal in someone's life.
134.In the mouth of a cow, its upper jaw has no teeth, and only its lower jaw has teeth.
135.Most of love relationship between 2 teen aged persons won’t last long for more than an year.
136.If you have stones in your body, and the diameter of the stones is relatively small, then you don't need to go to the hospital. It is possible to get the stones out of your body by taking a stimulating roller coaster.
137. A Japanese man survived for 21 days after slipping from an embankment and sliding into a snow drift. He was encased in snow and entered a form of hibernation. When he was found, frozen, he was taken to the morgue, but upon thawing awakened and was no worse for the wear. This event has sparked intense research in cold therapy for trauma patients.
138.Under normal circumstances, the height of a girl differs very little from the length of her arms.
139.There’s a garbage patch in our Pacific Ocean. Estimates of size range from 270,000 sqare miles, about the size of Texas, 5,800,000 square miles, 0.4% to 8% of the size of the Pacific Ocean, or, in some media reports, up to twice the size of the continental United States.
140.The gray whales need the assistance of a third whale to mate. The 3rd whale needs to lift the body of the female whale from below to successfully complete the mating process because they are too heavy.
141.Never use two jacks to raise your car to change tires.
142.Sperm Whales Standing in the ocean when they are sleeping. Sperm whales sleep like Stonehenge in the sea.
143.There’s a good chance we’re not the first civilization to flourish on our planet, and we won’t be the last.
144.Tuna needs to swim constantly, and if it stops, it will suffocate and die.
145.60% of people lie during a typical 10-minute conversation. The other 40% lie twice as much.
146.The gill muscles of the tuna have been degraded. They always open their mouths, swimming nonstop, and obtain oxygen by flowing fresh water through the gills.
147.The first American film to show a toilet being flushed on screen was Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho.
148.Apple is more refreshing than coffee. Apple is rich in mineral boron, which can restore sleepy brain to a awake state.
149.The Dutch village of Giethoorn has no roads, its buildings are connected entirely by canals and footbridges.
150.The largest snowflake ever recorded reportedly measured 15" across.
151.Before the refrigerator was invented, people put live frogs in milk for the purpose of keeping fresh.
152.If you feel someone is watching you, you can look at your watch or your wrist. If that person is looking at you, he will also subconsciously look at his wrist or watch.
153.Pineapple is not a fruit with a single head, it is a collection of many small fruits.
154.The human brain has been running since the day we were born, and it will not stop 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
155.The first crispy cone was born at the St. Louis World's Fair in 1904. Salesman Abe Doumar wrapped the ice cream in waffles because the trays ran out.
156.There are more English words beginning with the letter ‘S’ than with any other letter.
157.Grapes will explode when heated in a microwave oven.
158.By 2050, there will be more plastic in the oceans than fish.
159.In 1889, Italians invented Margherita Pizza in memory of Queen Margherita. Red tomatoes, white Italian cheese and green basil leaves correspond to the 3 colors of the Italian flag.
160.A study conducted by the New Yorker estimated that there are around 2,000 serial killers in the U.S. at any given time.
161.In January of 2017, a massive asteroid named AG13 narrowly passed by Earth. Scientists were only aware of it 24 hours before it would have hit Earth. The public was aware of it after it had passed. The asteroid would have lead to major loss of life on Earth, and no one except major science organizations and governments would know it was coming.
162.Your bed is abundant in tiny creatures that frantically feed on your dead skin cells at night.
163.An estimated 9 nuclear submarines are at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean.
164.The microwave oven uses more electricity to start the clock to keep time than to heat food.
165.English is the language of the air. This means that all pilots have to identify themselves and speak in English while flying, regardless of their origin.
166.The earliest beer brewing technology originated from Egypt, in fact, beer was the daily salary of the craftsmen who built the pyramids.
167.The English language has been developing for more than 1,400 years.
168.The German Chocolate Cake is actually not a native of Germany. It was made by an American whose name was Sam German.
169.The heart of shrimp is located in its head.
170.Humans did not invent the can opener until 48 years after the invention of the can.
171.Underground is the only word in the English language that begins and ends with the letters Und.
172.At the beginning of the 19th century, tomato sauce was sold as a medicine to treat diarrhea. It was once called Dr. Miles Tomato Complex Concentrate.
173.If you went unprotected into space, your body would balloon up before you suffocated/froze due to the differing levels of air pressure within and outside your body.
174.It is illegal for eggs sold in the United States to be sold in the United Kingdom, and similarly, British standard eggs cannot be sold in the United States.
175.Of all the words in the English language, the word set has the most definitions.
176.Studies have shown that two bananas are enough to support the calories consumed for 90 minutes of exercise.
177.Most popcorn will only take on two shapes: snowflake shape or mushroom shape.
178.27,000 trees are cut down daily to produce toilet paper.
179.Many supermarkets treat meat with carbon monoxide to make it look fresh.
180.The year marked on the wine bottle refers to the year when the grapes were picked rather than the year when the wine was bottled.
181.Two million tons of human waste is discharged into water resources every day.
182.Oily fish can improve mood and make you happy.
183.Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming is the oldest national park.
184.Until the Civil War, it was very uncommon for an American to call himself… American. We usually identified with our state, city, or ancestry.
185.Strawberry is the only fruit whose seeds grow outside on the epidermis. On average, it contains 200 seeds per strawberry.
186.More states allow 1st cousins to marry than don't, a few states even allow siblings romantic relationships, and no states ban 2nd cousin marriage.
187.In 1905, the 11-year-old Frank Epson put the leftover drink and the stirring stick on the corridor to freeze, and the popsicle appeared.
188.The word “Bookkeeper” and “Bookkeeping” are the only 2 words in the English language with 3 consecutive sets of double letters.
189.Snails can sleep up to 3 years.
190.Dreams are the conversations between you and your subconscious mind.
191.You can’t smile and breath at the same time.
192.Nearly 3% of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.
193.A giraffe can go longer without water than a camel can.
194.An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
195.Most lipstick contains fish scales.
196.The content of the web in 1993 was just 400 terabytes. It is now 1½ zettabytes, or 1½ trillion gigabytes.
197.Rhino’s horn is made of hair, Keratin - usually found in hair.
198.Buttermilk does not contain any butter and is actually low in fat.
199.Frogs cannot vomit. If one absolutely has to, then it will vomit its entire stomach.
200.A typical pencil can draw a line that is 35 miles long.
201.Blue whale tongues can weigh as much as an elephant.
202.It is impossible to tickle yourself.
203.The deep web is not to be mistaken for the dark web, a part of the internet that has some pretty messed up stuff on it. The deep web is at least 500 times larger than the surface Web that consists of web pages indexed by popular search engines like Google or Yahoo. The dark web is used to sell things on the black market such as weapons, drugs and even hitman contracts.
204.Flamingos can only eat with their heads upside down.
205.Australia has pink and purple lakes.
206.One single teaspoon of honey represents the life work of 12 bees.
207.Roughly 2,300,000 Gigabytes (2.3 petabytes) of data traffic has been distributed across the internet since you started reading this. That’s roughly the same as the estimated storage capacity of the human brain.
208.It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
209.During pregnancy, if the mother suffers organ damage, the baby in the womb sends stem cells to repair the damaged organ.
210.Although slavery was abolished federally in 1865, Mississippi was the last state to ratify that amendment in 2013.
211.Honey is the only natural food that is made without destroying any kind of life.
212.Although American Indians are today associated with living on reservations, 78% of the roughly 5 million natives living in the U.S. today live outside of reservations.
213.Store pineapples upside down to speed up ripening. And unripened pineapple is toxic so wait from it be fully ripped. When you eat pineapple, it has an immediate effect on you as it will start consume human protein because of a special enzyme in it.
214.In Death Valley National Park in California, the temperature once reached 134° Fahrenheit, one of the highest recorded temperatures on Earth.
215.Native Americans were not natural-born U.S. citizens until 1924, when President Calvin Coolidge signed a law extending birthright citizenship to them.
216.The only domestic animal not mentioned in the Bible is the cat.
217.There are almost enough firearms in America for every citizen to have one.
218.The dot over the letter i is called a tittle.
219.The longest road trip route in the U.S is Route 20, which stretches from Boston, MA to Newport, OR- a distance of 3,365 miles.
220.China is the third largest country by area. China has 3,747,879 square miles.
221.Between 1883 and 1942, settlers and farmers killed more than 100,000 gray wolves in the United States, driving them almost to extinction; they survived only in Alaska and northern Minnesota. Since 1995 however, conservation efforts have helped the wolves come back, and their population is growing faster than almost any other endangered species.
222.Sharks have no bones
223.By modern estimates, about 20% of American colonists stayed loyal to Britain throughout the American Revolution. Their numbers were strong in the southern colonies and New York. After the war, some 80,000 Loyalists fled the newborn U.S to Canada or Britain itself.
224.China has the largest population on earth. China has more than 1.4 billion people. However, with 1.3 billion people.
225.Even though religious affliation has declined overall in the U.S, the rate of exorcisms has actually increased in recent years.
226.Since the 1980s, the number of active serial killers in the U.S has fallen by 85%, and yet the rate at which they are caught has also fallen from 91% in 1965 to 61% in 2017.
227.Switzerland is one of the countries that own the most guns, however also has one of the lowest crime rates.
228.Potatoes absorb wifi radio signals similar to the way that the human body does, meaning airlines were able to test whether or not it was a possibility with sacks of spuds as substitutes.
229.In Switzerland average marriage age for Swiss men is 31.8 and 29.5 for women. On the other hand, the divorce rate in Switzerland is about 43%, and the average age for Swiss women to have their first child is 30.4 years, which makes them the oldest women in Europe to do so.
230.A human could swim through a blue whale's veins.
231.Chimp babies play with dolls.
232.Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Was Published In The Summer Of 2007. The Same Summer First Iphone Model Was Released.
233.Voting is mandatory in Switzerland.
234.A lot of people don't realize that mosquitoes have kidneys, and when they take a blood meal from you they also urinate on you almost simultaneously.
235.Many companies employ people to do things like bookkeeping that could easily be automated. As a society, the Swiss have decided that low unemployment benefits everyone enough to make it worthwhile employing those people.
236.Sloths can hold their breath longer than dolphins can.
237.China has the largest standing army in the world, China has 2,183,000 personnel.
238.People used to say “prunes” instead of “cheese” when having their pictures taken.
239.When food is scarce,lobsters can turn cannibal and dine on smaller lobsters.
240.50% of human DNA coincides with banana.
241.Almonds are members of the peach family.
242.Pineapples don't grow on trees at all, instead, they grow closer to the ground and the plants are dwarf.
243.If the Swiss want to block off the country, they can do it with very few soldiers, because the tunnels and many highways have steel tubes that can be raised at the touch of a button to block access. Trees that were planted long ago, in the event of invasion, would be cut to land across roadways, making roads impassable.
244.Five figs give you as much calcium as half a glass of milk.
245.Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
246.Uber drivers only make 55–60% of the total fare.
247.The Maldives has an underwater restaurant.
248.At your lowest point in your life you will find out who truly cares about you.
249.The same wax used for cars is found in fruit flavored snacks.
250.Apples can float in water because the fruit contains 25% of air.
251.Maldives is one of the favorite honeymoon destinations of the world.
252.Litchi contains a small amount of alcohol after ripening and errors may occur if you eat and drive.
253.An albatross can soar for as long as 6 hours without moving its wings.
254.Most aborted embryos are boys.
255.The only bird with nostrils at the end of its beak is the kiwi.
256.Many people say that there are insects in waxberry. In fact, it is the larva of fruit fly. And it is edible, safe, and pollution free. The treatment method is also very simple and all you have to do is just soak it in salt water.
257.The M's in M&M's stand for "Mars & Murrie".
258.Time is the 4th dimension.
259.Men are often afraid that their partners will be killed or committed suicide, while women are often afraid that their partners will suffer accidents or die in old age.
260.There is enough sperm in one single man to impregnate every woman on earth.
261.Heat the lemon before squeezing to squeeze more juice.
262.The Maldives has the biggest fleet of sea planes in the world.
263.The Egyptian Pyramids were not built by slaves.
264.According to quantum physics, time does not exist in a quantum level.
265.There is enough water in Lake Superior to cover the entire landmass of North and South America in one foot of liquid.
266.The majority of your life is spent seeking approval from others. In reality, all you have to do, is seek approval of yourself.
267.The current 50-star American flag was designed by a 17 year old as a school project in 1958. He got a B.
268.You will spend a good portion of your life giving 2,3,4,5 chances to someone that doesn’t deserve an ounce of your energy.
269.Dreamt” is the only English word that ends in “mt”.
270.We go through life, attracting the very people that will subconsciously teach us the most of painful life lessons. Lack of self love.
271.Texas is larger than any country in Europe.
272.Most will stay in shitty jobs, shitty relationships, while posting the American Dream on social media.
273.The American Flag Has Had 27 Versions.